Monday, October 3, 2011

home schooling is cool: LA natural history museum

home schooling is cool. have i told you that already? once a week we get together with an awesome group of kiddo's and mama's (sometimes the papa's too) and go on a really cool adventure. on this particular week we headed out to LA to visit the natural history museum. this was our first time there and it was a lot of fun. take a look...

we saw real (stuffed) buffalo, which was cool because we are studying about buffalo bill for history and this just made it more realistic for us.

this is just one of the giant dinosaurs we saw.

there was ample photo opps in this place. such a cool building inside and out.

a skeleton of a whale. (i forget what kind of whale). that's what happens when you are chasing a 2 year old around.

lunch time with friends. but, i really just included this picture because it made me laugh that my little germ-a-phobe daughter has her hand sanitizer front and center of her lunch. like mother, like daughter. (that could be good or bad).

this photo is a little blurry, but i was super in love with these gold doors.

like i said, ample photo opps.

then the most amazing room ever was this hands on exploration room. first of all the light was amazing in this room, with the bright white walls, and vaulted ceilings, it was gorgeous.

i'm really not a fan of dead animals, but this display just caught my eye.

i would probably never hang anything like this in my house unless it was something like this. but, like i said it was eye catching.

the stuffed polar bear was big. and he liked it. (see my next post)

another thing i loved was the dash of color they put in this all white room. again,

ample photo opps.

we definitely will be going back. there's so much more we could see and do. we didn't even explore outside and it looks like they are doing some upgrades or additions out there so, yes we will be going back.

2 comments:

Maria said...

love it...we were there a couple years ago and they were doing a lot of work to it...looks cool. BUT..that polar bear would scare the stuff out of me...not gonna lie!!!!

twoplustwo said...

We should DEFINITELY hang out! I'm a germ a phobe as well, (so was my mom) and I can't go anywhere without my wet ones. I'm kind of obsessive with Ruby & I'm always chasing her around with my wipes :) When I start home schooling Ruby I want to go on field trips with you! Ruby & Garrett are the same age, so they can be buddies! I have so many fond memories of museums when I was a kid & I'm SO excited to take my own kids on many adventures!

mygirlavery

a look into the life with a six year old and her little brother.